Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...


So next Monday is my birthday. I will be 32. Not too old, not too young... just right I'm guessing. I'm not really sure what to think of birthday's anymore, and that is probably due to the fact that I haven't had a good one in a very long time. I remember being a kiddo and counting down the days, the hours, the minutes until my birthday was celebrated. That is typically what I do on birthdays now, just reminisce about the 'younger years'. 

For many years now my birthday is nothing more than another passing day with a phone call from my dad. No cards, no presents, certainly no cake. I would love to have an amazing birthday again, and I'm sure I will again (someday). I can pretty much guess it's not going to be this year. I don't exactly advertise that it's my birthday so what can I expect really? I would love to have an awesome birthday one of these years, a nice gift, a dinner out, a cake, I dunno - one of these years. 

Maybe I'll live to be 100 and have a kick ass party then. When I am too old to do anything other than sit in a rocking chair and blow out my candles, much to weak to even unwrap the gifts myself, lol... while everyone around says "can you believe how old she is". Oh and don't forget everyone trying to decorate the old lady with ribbons and bows and a silly party hat. Ah, the grandness of life. 

Or... or... or... or... or... OR maybe I will just buy myself a cake and a present (maybe two, screw it, I'm worth it) and go out to eat by myself! ...and you know what? I just thought of that idea as I was typing and I don't think it's that bad of an idea. 

Anyhoooooo... next Monday I'll be 32 - woo for me!

xoxo -Silly

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Same age as me then. Well, a little younger, my bdays in april. I dont really do anything for my bdas, except book the day off work and presents. any excuse for free stuff lol!

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments... ideas... they are all welcome - feel free to say what's on your mind! :-)