Monday, January 19, 2009

Moms Poem

Before I go
When my life has reached it’s very end
And I take that final breath
I want to know I’ve left behind
Some good before my death
I hope that in my final hour
In all honesty I can say
That somewhere in my lifetime
I have brightened someone’s day
That maybe I have brought a smile
To someone else’s face
And made one moment a little sweeter
While they dwelled here in this place
Lord, please be my reminder
And whisper softly in my ear
To be a giver not a taker
In the years I have left here
Give me the strength I need
Open up my mind and my soul
That I might show sincere compassion
And love to others before I go
For if not a heart be touched by me
And not a smile was left behind
Then the life that I am blessed with
Will have been a waste of time
With all my heart, I truly hope
To leave something here on earth
That touched another, made them smile
And gave to my life - worth

I found this poem at my mother’s computer desk only a couple days after she died. I do not know the author - just that my mother lived by these words, as I do now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments... ideas... they are all welcome - feel free to say what's on your mind! :-)